Monday, October 11, 2010

Russell's Rant - "The DANGER: in living as a WILDMAN."

There are moments when friends say or write something, which while not necessarily exactly reflective of your thoughts on the world, strike a deep chord within. In these moments, I remember that I am not alone in the quest of my life, and that fact comforts me greatly.


The following by written by Russell Bailey and posted in a note on the Facebook:


"I am legitimately scared of what tomorrow brings. Tomorrow holds so many surprises and so many inevitable words. The world we live in confronts us in every way shape and form. The neon lights burn loop-de-loops into our retinas and implant unwarranted meanings in our minds. Our world is one of inescapable deviations. From detours in our travels to the importance of money controlling what we can and cannot do, we are pulled away from our roots. We have evolved into hairless primates that feel the need to be "civilized". We should live our lives the way we want to live them but society forces us into the roles we live day to day in. Who knew that being part of a species that lets material things control what they do with their lives or what they don't do would present so many problems? I exist in the skin and environment granted to me by...well, all of creation. Not a god, whose likeness I am created in, but by countless seconds of evolution stretched over the cosmos. I am all that I am. I can be no more than I am already, but I can make my existence in this place and time exponentially important. I don't need to be recognized by the world or even my peers, but I do need to recognize myself for what I have accomplished. We feel the need to be accepted, but when you step outside and look around, by being alive you are accepted. If you were not important on this earth, you wouldn't exist. We all make an impact on this world. Each step you take changes the course of all actions now and forever more. The past is gone and the future never comes so all we are left with is a gift. That gift is the present. Take all your footsteps with pride and determination. Do what you love. Love all that you can and make the most of your precious time you spend with whatever or whomever makes you happy. Be happy. Be all that you can be.

The world is waiting to be explored and influenced. Why not be the ones who explore and influence? There is nothing but our imaginations keeping us from these goals. All we need to do is be all that we can be and take a step."

Thank you Russell.  Know that you are not the only one stepping forward, and may many more join us in the years to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment